As at 25 September 2015
What information do we have about you?
- The Privacy Act 1993 relates to personal information about living people.
- When you sign up to be a member or supporter of the Rotorua District Residents & Ratepayers Inc. (“RDRR”), we require information about you such as telephone number, address, email address, name etc.
- We keep records relating to how long you’ve been a member and what type of membership you have (e.g. individual, family, senior citizen or student)
What do we use the information for?
- We need your contact information so that we can provide to you the services and information that you are entitled to or that we wish to provide to you as a member or supporter of the RDRR.
- As a member or supporter of the RDRR, we will email out to you from time to time, information relating to our activities, actions and campaigns. Email will be our primary method of communication with you with surface mail going only to those without email.
Who can see your information?
- If you ever need to check the information that we hold about you, just contact the Secretary.
- Appointed Officers and Committee Members may be able to see the collected information about you.
- Otherwise, it is your information and you are in control. Information that we collect about you when you sign up for Membership will not be shared with outside people or organisations unless you specifically provide your authority for us to do so.
Keeping your information accurate
- We do our best to keep our records up to date. But we only have the information you give us, so if you change your contact points (especially your email address), or change your name, please let us know.
How long do we keep your information for?
- If someone asks for the information held by the RDRR about them, then this is a Privacy Act request and the Society has 20 working days to respond to it. A decision should be made on that request in that time frame.
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The RDRR is committed to providing member services online, including access to reports, information, plans of the Society etc. Any personal identity information you supply to us will not be shared with any other party unless you provide us with permission to do so. We will not sell or rent your information to any third party and will exercise reasonable efforts to keep the information secure. The RDRR recognises and respects your online privacy.
When you visit our website we may send you a cookie. A cookie stores a small data file on your computer and enables us to recognise you each time you visit us. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by saving certain defined preferences and for purposes of collecting non-personal data.
- Count the number of times you visit our sites
- Compile anonymous statistics on website use
- Gather information on the type of Internet Browser and operating systems used.
The RDRR web site may contain links to other web sites and is not liable for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
The RDRR has used all reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to personal information, maintain data accuracy and ensure appropriate use of any personal information. However, you acknowledge that the internet is inherently insecure, and RDRR cannot prevent and is not responsible for, interception or “hacking” of information transmitted through this Site by unauthorised third parties.